“Competition Jiu-Jitsu represents only 30% of real Jiu-Jitsu”

Share it

Rickson with his grandson, in a photo by Ivan Trindade

In a seminar at Rio de Janeiro’s Flamengo club this Wednesday, Rickson Gracie taught a wealth of techniques to youths and adults from white to black belt – like Kron and Kyra Gracie, son and cousin to the red-and-black belt master, and Pedro Valente, a teacher at Gracie Miami.

Rickson answered questions from the students at the end of the seminar, during the disputed Questions and Answers section, a classic component of his classes. So a participant asked his opinion on sport Jiu-Jitsu. “Competition Jiu-Jitsu represents only 30% of real Jiu-Jitsu. Without the other 70%, which includes standup self-defense, defensive striking and clinching skills and an efficient vale-tudo guard, practitioners cannot develop the confidence to walk the streets knowing that they can survive a possible confrontation.”

The Gracie today announced he will hold another seminar, to be taught in English, this coming Monday th 26th, with different techniques from the ones taught this week. The time and location is as follows:

Rickson Gracie Seminar
Clube Israelita Brasileiro (CIB)
Rua Barata Ribeiro, 489, Copacabana, Rio
Monday, July 26
9am – 1pm

For further information, contact:
(21) 9667-9474

To sign up:
Botequim Informal Restaurant
R. Domingos Ferreira, 215
11:30am –9:30pm

Ler matéria completa Read more
There are 18 comments for this article
  1. Pingback: RPA in software testing
  2. Pingback: Digital Transformation journey
  3. Pingback: cbd reddit
  4. Pingback: 안전놀이터
  5. Pingback: Regression Testing
  6. Pingback: 안전공원
  7. Pingback: balding clown wig
  8. Pingback: fake rolex
  9. Pingback: mơ cháy
  10. Pingback: Azure DevOps services
  11. Pingback: best dumps website
  12. Pingback: https://www.bestswisswatch.to/
  13. Pingback: sexual abstinence crossword clue
  14. Pingback: arvest bank
  15. Pingback: Jake Medwell
  16. Pingback: buy cheap cialis uk
  17. Pingback: buy cialis insurance
  18. Pingback: Urban Nido Homes for Sale

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.