After recovering from a serious motorcycle accident in 2013, Professor Rafael Lang, from Octagon MMA, was able to write his own story of overcoming obstacles in life and in Jiu-Jitsu.
Although recovery was a delicate matter, the athlete did not let his resolve waver. He dedicated himself even more and earned titles in the meantime, including when he stepped on the podium twice in the Pan Jiu-Jitsu 2020 .
For this to be possible, the black belt followed a rigorous training and sent us the five tips that guided him through the most difficult moment of his career. Check out the lines below!
1. Accept that your plans are going to have to change, readjusting your goals will be necessary.
2. Discipline. Take your recovery as seriously as training for your fights.
3. Surround yourself with the right people, competent people who will assist you in your recovery, positive people and those who’ll cheer for you.
4. Invest in yourself, remember that your body and mind are the main tools for your success.
5. Respect the right time for your return, but always remain as active as possible, you can always do something, staying put is the worst decision.