Headlined by the flyweight title fight between champion Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson and challenger John Dodson, UFC on FOX 6 pleased the Chicago crowd last Saturday night.
Once the 25 minutes were up, it was Johnson whose hand was raised, securing the win in the later rounds once his opponent fatigued. Along with defending his belt, Johnson pocketed an extra $50,000 for the “Fight of the Night” award he shared with Dodson.
In the co-main event, Brazil’s Glover Teixeira was victorious in sending Quinton “Rampage” Jackson off from the UFC. After announcing that he would not be renewing his contract, Rampage sought to fight entirely on his feet in his farewell outing. But he got the worst of the action over three rounds, and ended up tiring. Once the match ran its course, Teixeira easily took the judges’ decision, moving up a the ladder towards the light-heavyweight title that once belonged to Rampage.
The other fights on the main card resulted in two spectacular knockouts from Anthony Pettis and Ricardo Lamas over Donald Cerrone and Erik Koch. Pettis came by his win with a potent kick to the liver, while Lamas put Koch away with effective ground and pound. The highlight of the undercard was Jiu-Jitsu black belt Rafael Natal’s arm-and-neck choke over Sean Spencer.
Check out the photos from the UFC in Chicago:
[flickr set= 72157632618768595]
UFC on Fox 6
United Center, Chicago
January 26, 2013
- Demetrious Johnson defeated John Dodson via unanimous decision
- Glover Teixeira defeated Quinton Jackson via unanimous decision
- Anthony Pettis defeated Donald Cerrone via KO at 2:35 min of R1
- Ricardo Lamas defeated Erik Koch via TKO at 2:32 min of R2
- TJ Grant defeated Matt Wiman via KO at 4:51 min of R1
- Clay Guida defeated Hatsu Hioki via split decision
- Pascal Krauss venceu Mike Stumpf via unanimous decision
- Ryan Bader tapped out Vladimir Matyushenko via reverse arm-and-neck choke at 0.50 min of R1
- Shawn Jordan defeated Mike Russou via TKO at 3:48 min of R2
- Rafael Natal tapped out Sean Spencer via arm-and-neck choke at 2:13 min of R3
- David Mitchell defeated Simeon Thoresen via unanimous decision
For more UFC and MMA coverage,
visit GRACIEMAG.com’s Choke MMA section