The UFC on FOX brand makes it to its sixth event, this coming Jan. 26, with a flyweight title fight between Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson as a headliner. And perhaps as a way of making up for the lack of weight in the last bout of the night, the promotion is offering as a co-main event the long overdue showdown between Brazil’s and seasoned superstar Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.
The two were previously tabbed to face off in Rio de Janeiro at UFC 153, but Jackson was injured while training and had to be pulled from the card. Formerly a superstar fighting at now-defunct Japanese promotion Pride FC and a onetime UFC light heavyweight champion who now includes acting on his résumé, Jackson has suffered back-to-back losses, to Jon Jones and Ryan Bader, whereas Glover Teixeira hasn’t lost an MMA fight since 2005.
The UFC has released a promo video announcing the Johnson-Dodson clash and the long awaited showdown between Rampage and Teixeira, the winner of which should move up a few rungs on the ladder to a shot at Jon Jones’s belt.
UFC on Fox 6
United Center, Chicago
January 26, 2013
- Demetrious Johnson vs John Dodson
- Quinton Jackson vs Glover Teixeira
- Donald Cerrone vs Anthony Pettis
- Erik Koch vs Ricardo Lamas
- TJ Grant vs Matt Wiman
- Clay Guida vs Hatsu Hioki
- Ryan Bader vs Vladimir Matyushenko
- Simeon Thoresen vs David Mitchell
- Mike Russow vs Shawn Jordan
- Mike Stumpf vs Pascal Krauss
- Rafael Natal vs Magnus Cedenblad
For more UFC and MMA coverage,
visit GRACIEMAG.com’s Choke MMA section