What lessons are there to derive from the gentle art? The black belt Rousimar Palhares, who fights Hector Lombard this Friday, Dec. 14, at UFC FX 6, said that Jiu-Jitsu is like life, and that it provided him possibilities he never could have imagined he would have.
In the following video released by the UFC today, Palhares remembers how Jiu-Jitsu helped provide him and his family with the basic needs to live. “Toquinho,” who comes from a humble background, reveals that the gentle art helped provide food and sustenance for his family.
“The three most important things to me: God, my family and Jiu-Jitsu. I won’t tolerate anyone bad-mouthing Jiu-Jitsu. Jiu-Jitsu to me is like life: you learn from your mistakes, like in life,” he said.
The former cowboy adds that he is better prepared than ever for his main-card fight this Friday.
Check out the video with Rousimar Toquinho’s statements and training footage.
UFC on FX 6
Gold Coast Convention, Queensland, Australia
December 14, 2012
- George Sotiropoulos vs Ross Pearson
- Brad Scott vs Robert Whitaker
- Norman Parke vs Colin Fletcher
- Rousimar Palhares vs Hector Lombard
- Yaotzin Meza vs Chad Mendes
- Igor Pokrajac vs Joey Beltran
- Mike Pierce vs Seth Baczynski
- Ben Alloway vs Manny Rodriguez
- Brendan Loughnane vs Mike Wilkinson
- Nick Penner vs Eddie Mendez
For more UFC and MMA coverage,
visit GRACIEMAG.com’s Choke MMA section