As streamed on GRACIEMAG.com, UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson weighed in for his title defense against Nate Diaz at 154.6 pounds, while Diaz tipped the scale at 155.6. Since it’s a title fight, Diaz will not have the one-pound allowance and will have two hours to cut to 155 to fight for the belt.
For the co-main event, former light heavyweight champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua weighed in at 205 pounds, while his opponent, Alexander Gustafsson posted a weight of 205.4 pounds.
B.J. Penn and Rory MacDonald weighed in for their welterweight fight, with Penn in at 168.2 and MacDonald at 170.2.
Raphael Assuncao and Henry Martinez both came in over their weight limits, and were informed they have two hours to cut weight without there being a penalty.
The full card’s weigh-in results are as follows:
Main Card on FOX:
- Benson Henderson (154.6) vs. Nate Diaz (155.6)*
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (205) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (205.4)
- B.J. Penn (168.2) vs. Rory MacDonald (170.2)
- Mike Swick (170) vs. Matt Brown (170.2)
Preliminary Card on FX:
- Yves Edwards (155) vs. Jeremy Stephens (155.8)
- Raphael Assuncao (136.4)* vs. Mike Easton (135)
- Ramsey Nijem (155.4) vs. Joe Proctor (154.6)
- Daron Cruickshank (155) vs. Henry Martinez (158.8)*
- Abel Trujillo (155.4) vs. Marcus LeVesseur (155.4)
- Dennis Siver (146) vs. Nam Phan (145.4)
Preliminary Card on Facebook:
- Scott Jorgensen (135.2) vs. John Albert (136)
*Fighter has two hours from the time of weigh-in to cut to weight limit.
UPDATE, 4:58 p.m. PT
Assuncao made weight on his second attempt, but Martinez did not attempt to cut. Martinez, as a result, will forfeit 20 percent of his purse.
UPDATE, 5:20 p.m. PT
According to UFC officials, Diaz made weight at 155 pounds on his third attempt. Tomorrow night’s main event is official as a title fight.
For more UFC and MMA coverage,
visit GRACIEMAG.com’s Choke MMA section