Jiu-Jitsu black belt Caio Magalhães (5-1) has been confirmed to fight on the card of UFC São Paulo, to be held Jan. 19 at Ginásio Ibirapuera arena. The Brazilian steps in for his injured countryman Tiago Bodão to take on the dangerous Michael Kuiper (12-1).
This will be Magalhães’s second appearance in the UFC, having made his debut last June at UFC on FX 3 against Buddy Roberts, to whom he lost by unanimous decision.
With a trip to Rio de Janeiro planned for Tuesday, to go through his final preparations at team Nova União headquarters, Caio had his final training session in the city of Fortaleza.
“I was already training hard for Copa Pódio. The difference is that I’ll do without the gi. The strategy is still to fight on the ground, though. I’m a jiu-jitsu guy. Grappling is my thing, and I’m going out there to finish. Who knows?–maybe it’ll be with this one,” he said before demonstrating exclusively for GRACIEMAG.com.
Do you think he’ll pull this one off in São Paulo?
UFC São Paulo
Ginásio do Ibirapuera, São Paulo, Brazil
January 19, 2013
- Vitor Belfort vs Michael Bisping
- Daniel Sarafian vs CB Dollaway
- Gabriel Napão vs Ben Rothwell
- Tiago Tavares vs Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Godofredo Pepey vs Miltinho Vieira
- Andrew Craig vs Ronny Markes
- Diego Nunes vs Nik Lentz
- Justin Salas vs Edson Barbosa
- Michael Kuiper vs Caio Magalhães
- Iuri Marajó vs George Roop
- Roger Hollett vs Wagner Caldeirão
- CJ Keith vs Francisco Massaranduba
For more UFC and MMA coverage,
visit GRACIEMAG.com’s Choke MMA section.