After its successful Samurai Pro Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament debut last Spring, Samurai Pro Sports is now holding its first MMA show, Samurai MMA Pro 2011 takes place tonight at 7:00 p.m. – doors open at 5:00 pm – at the Culver City Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium in Culver City, California.
The seven-bout card features a main event between The Ultimate Fighter alumnus Jamie “The Chosyn 1” Yager and Mozzy Arfa. Adding to the excitement, several major MMA personalities will be in attendance, including Kings MMA head coach Master Rafael Cordeiro, MMA and BJJ superstar Fabricio Werdum, legendary UFC and PRIDE star Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva, former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Renato “Babalu” Sobral, and Strikeforce women’s featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Santos.
Weigh-ins were held last night at the Southbay BMW Store in Torrance, California. Jamie Yager was a tad bit over the 175-pound weight limit in his spandex shorts, so his team threw in a towel for him to strip down and make weight, which he eventually did. The evening was a big success, and Fabricio Werdum was on hand to sign autographs.
Tickets for the event can be purchased at the door.
Check out the weigh-ins video by MMAMaxim.com and the full card further below:
The fight card, which is subject to change, is as follows:
1) Jamie Yager, Kings MMA vs Mozzy Arfa, PKG
2) Waachiim SpiritWolf, SpiritWolf MMA vs Michael Madrid, Wand Fight Team
3) Fernando Bettega, Kings MMA vs Gareth Joseph, Obake Fight School
4) Kevin Casey, Rickson Gracie Jiu Jitsu vs Daniel Mancha, Team Diamond
6) Beneil Dariush, Kings MMA vs Dominic Gutierrez, Subfighter MMA
7) Alex Espindola, Millenia vs Majid Raees, BJMUTA
5) Nolan Ticman, Kings MMA vs Gabriel Baino, Combat Rider