Founder of Ginástica Natural Alvaro Romano and son Raphael Romano – both Jiu-Jitsu black belts and physical conditioning specialists – will hold a one-day Fitness and Quality of Life + Physical Conditioning for Fighters workshop this coming August 14 in West Hollywood, California.
The topics to be addressed in the Fitness & Quality of Life leg of the workshop are:
– Ginastica Natural – History and Founding;
– The introduction of Ginastica Natural in Brazil and the rest of the world;
– New class techniques, physical conditioning and health programs using contact with nature and one’s own-body weight;
– Flexibility and strength training;
– Animal movements in Ginastica Natural classes;
– Breathing techniques applied as stress prevention and in recovery from training;
– The many combinations and transitions of Ginastica Natural method movements;
– Beginners, intermediate and advanced classes.
The Fighters & Physical Conditioning part of the course will deal with:
– The method and its history in Jiu-Jitsu;
– The history of Ginastica Natural for Jiu-Jitsu and MMA athletes;
– Outdoor training options;
– Motivation, mental training and performance;
– How to apply Ginastica Natural in physical-conditioning programs;
– Warm-up for competition and training;
– Specific training and its advantages;
– Strength and flexibility training.
Those interested in learning more about the Ginástica Natural training system can register by emailing the organizers at email@example.com. The first 50 participants to sign up before July 2, 2010 pay the early-bird-sign-up rate of $ 175. After July 2 the full $235 rate applies.
Location: Great Room 2 inside of W Hollywood hotel
Date: August 14, 2010