Oh, Chael Sonnen. You continue have a way with words.
The UFC middleweight (or light heavyweight … we’re just not sure anymore) said during a Q&A at the recent UFC Fan Expo that his contract with the organization has expired.
We know what you’re saying: “Yay! No more Chael!” But don’t get ahead of yourself, readers. Sonnen has a list of demands for a new UFC contract. And here they are (takes deep breath).
- Jello Biafra replaces Bruce Buffer as ring announcer.
- Every fight he’s in must be a No. 1 contender fight or a title match.
- If he loses, he gets an immediate rematch until he wins.
- No media can look him in the eye, or they will be removed from the room.
- He requires a headset legalized through the commission so he can call his own fights.
- No longer will he walk to the ring. He needs to be carried.
- Keys to Dana White’s least favorite Ferrari (he added that he wasn’t asking too much with that one).
- He can Skype or FaceTime his fights if he feels like flying.
- And last but not least (nor negotiable), Dana White must tell GSP to stop being such a d*ck. Sonnen will return his truck when he’s done with it.
The list of demands drew a laugh from the crowd in Las Vegas, but Sonnen was adamant that he was serious. Sure, Chael. Keep saying that and maybe someone, someday, will believe you.