All fighters participating in UFC on Fuel TV 8 weighed in on Saturday in Japan, making the fights official for the Sunday night event.
Main event fighters Wanderlei Silva and Brian Stann tipped the scale, giving their featured bout the green light to headline the card. Silva weighed in at 204 pounds, while Stann hit the 206-pound mark.
For the co-main event, Mark Hunt came in at the heavyweight limit of 266 pounds, and his opponent, Stefan Struve, made weight at 260 pounds.
Main card fighter Diego Sanchez missed weight, coming in at 158 pounds, two pounds above his lightweight limit. He was unable to cut the weight during the one hour of additional time after his initial weigh-in, so he will be forced to pay a penalty equaling 20 percent of his fight purse. The 20 percent penalty will be paid to his opponent, Takanori Gomi.
The full UFC on Fuel TV 8 weigh-in results are as follows:
- Wanderlei Silva (204) vs. Brian Stann (206)
- Mark Hunt (266) vs. Stefan Struve (260)
- Takanori Gomi (156) vs. Diego Sanchez (158)
- Yushin Okami (185) vs. Hector Lombard (186)
- Mizuto Hirota (146) vs. Rani Yahya (146)
- Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. Siyar Bahadurzada (171)
- Riki Fukuda (186) vs. Brad Tavares (185)
- Takeya Mizugaki (136) vs. Bryan Caraway (135)
- Cristiano Marcello (156) vs. Kazuki Tokudome (155)
- Alex Caceres (136) vs. Kyung Ho Kang (135)
- Marcelo Guimaraes (171) vs. Hyun Gyu Lim (171)
For more UFC and MMA coverage,
visit GRACIEMAG.com’s Choke MMA section