Brazilian Blackzilians representative Luiz “Buscapé” Firmino saw action in the cage this Saturday Jan. 19, at the ninth iteration of Championship Fighting Alliance. Across the cage from Firmino at Florida’s Bankunited Center was the promotion’s reigning lightweight champion, Luis “Baboon” Palomino.
Buscapé started the action off by shooting for a single-leg takedown and landing on top, where he softened his opponent up with ground and pound throughout the first round.
In the second round, Firmino went for a double-leg, again taking Palomino to the ground, where he managed to gain the mount.
The third round had the fight again go to the ground where Palomino tried a kneebar on the Brazilian, who escaped as best he could.
Despite landing a lot of kicks in the fourth round, Palomino caused little damage, and the fight went to the fifth and final round.
Having dominated the entire fight, Buscapé won the unanimous decision and took the CFA featherweight belt with it.
Check out the complete results:
CFA 09 – Night of Champions
Bankunited Center, Florida, USA
Jan. 19, 2013
- Luiz Buscapé defeated Luis Palomino via unanimous judges’ decision
- Joshua Sampo tapped out Alexis Vila via guillotine at 2:26 min of R5
- Marcelo Alfaya KO’d Valdir Araujo at 0.25 min of R1
- Sean Soriano defeated Victor Delgado via unanimous judges’ decision
- Elvin Brito defeated Patrick Cenoble via unanimous judges’ decision
- Pablo Alfonso tapped out Shah Bobonis via rear-naked choke at 3:24 min of R1
- Yosdenis Cedeno defeated Ryan DeRocher via TKO at 0.37 min of R2
- Mike King defeated Billy Garris via TKO at 2:05 min of R1
- Socrates Pierre tapped out Michael Lilly via arm-triangle at 3:52 min of R2
- Charles Rosa defeated Jayson Jones via TKO at 3:52 of R1
- Trent McCown tapped out Michael Trujillo via guillotine at 1:01 min of R1
- Shaun Dillon defeated Jose Caceres via opponent disqualification (illegal knee)
- Jean Bellefleur defeated Carlos Rodriguez via unanimous judges’ decision
- Gleidson de Jesus defeated Luis Hernandez via unanimous judges’ decision
For more UFC and MMA coverage,
visit GRACIEMAG.com’s Choke MMA section