It doesn’t matter if you’re in front of a TV at home or at a bar, or whether you’re not going to watch it live but are interested in all the behind-the-scenes action at history’s biggest UFC, as the most enthusiastic fans are calling today’s event in Vegas. The following formula even works for those diehards there in the stadium. Here it is:
- Have a smartphone connected to the internet (well, if you’re still at that stage where cell phones are for talking through, I just made you another Apple customer).
- Download an app that connects to Twitter (if you don’t have a Twitter account, better still, because the timeline will be clean: just open one for @UFC148backstage or something like that).
- Repeat the same step for Instagr.am.
- In both accounts (Twitter and Instagr.am) find and follow a) specialized journalists b) MMA fighters c) Jiu-Jitsu fighters d) @graciemag.
- You’ll get a sea of opinions, cheers, laments and celebrations. And the best part: You can participate in discussions, support your favorites if you wish. All you need to do is “tag”. After all, quotes have never been as in vogue as they are in this era of Twitter.
Enjoy. Ah, and don’t forget to delete your temporary accounts after the event. After all, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.