Last Saturday Fury in Fight Town went down in Holyoke, Massachusetts. Organized by Paulão Filho black belt Gabriel Gladiador, the house was packed for the event featuring amateur boxing, MMA and submission wrestling matches, as well as some professional MMA superfights.
Approximately 1,200 people filled the Boys and Girls Club gymnasium to watch Rodrigo Ruiz (CheckMat) fight local hero Joey Kevin, in the USA vs Brazil challenge. Ruiz needed just 1:47 minutes to knock his adversary out and secure a shot at the belt the next show.
In the other professional fight of the evening, the bout between Brazilians Marcos “Bicudinho” Maciel (BTT) and Marcos Babuíno (Macaco Gold Team) had no winner. After a lively start to the fight, Bicudinho fired off a powerful kick below Babuíno’s belt, leaving the athlete unable to continue, and the bout declared a no contest.
“It was a pity Babuíno couldn’t return; we’ll have another fight between the two of them next event,” said Gabriel Gladiador.
The next installment of Fury in Fight Town takes place March, 2010.
– Louis Ramos (Gladiator Team) defeated Berrynton (American MMA) by 15 to 0
– Josue Lopez (Gladiator Team) defeated Peter Gaffey (Team Infinite) via triangle in R1
– David Versalles (Team Independent) defeated Rick Rivera ( American MMA) via guillotine in R3
– Justin Lamber Jack (FAA) defeated Mike Bakis (Team Infinite) via triangle in R2
– Brendan Rooney (Ultimate MMA) defeated Jose Tejeda (Gladiator Team) by split decision
– Leon Davis (FAA) defeated Johnathan Close (Team Infinite) by unanimous decision
– Marcos Rodrigues ”Babuino” (Macaco Gold Team USA) VS Marcos Maciel ”Bicudinho” (BTT) declared no contest
– Rodrigo Ruiz (Checkmat) defeated Joey Kevin (Team Wasteland) by knockout at 1:47 min of R1