Flyweight Wilson Reis was close to fighting the biggest fight of his life. He was scheduled to fight for the flyweight title against champion Demetrious Johnson at UFC 201, which takes place on July 30 at the Philips Arena in Atlanta. With DJ’s injury, Wilson, in addition to losing a shot at the title, was given a new opponent, the American Sean Santella.
Santella, who would be making his debut in the organization, eventually was also cut from the fight because of problems with some documents. However, the UFC acted quickly and announced Hector Sandoval as the new opponent for Reis.
Sandoval, who trains at Team Alpha Male, has a record of 12 wins and two losses, and will be making his UFC debut. Wilson Reis already has 20 wins and six losses in his career. He comes from a win over Dustin Ortiz at UFC on FOX 18 by judges’ decision.
The main card for UFC 201 will feature the welterweight title fight between champion Robbie Lawler and the challenger Tyron Woodley.
Check out the full card below:
July 30, 2016
Philips Arena, Atlanta (USA)
– Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley
– Jorge Masvidal vs. Ross Pearson
– Nikita Krylov vs. Ed Herman
– Cesar Arzamendia vs. Damien Brown
– Michael Graves vs. Bojan Velickovic
– Wilson Reis vs. Hector Sandoval
– Francisco Rivera vs. Erik Pérez
– Anthony Hamilton vs. Damian Grabowski
– Matt Brown vs. Jake Ellenberger
– Ian McCall vs. Justin Scoggins
– Rose Namajunas vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz