Director Dan Lewis just released the feature film Jiu-Jitsu vs. the World on youtube.
In 95 minutes, the documentary aims to explain the Jiu-Jitsu phenomenon as it continues to sweep the planet.
Lewis and his crew interviewed people like Renzo Gracie, Eddie Bravo, Roberto Cyborg, Kurt Osiander, Fabio Santos, the Valente Brothers, among many others, and they were able to paint a very clear picture of what the gentle art is all about.
Based on their comments, we listed 10 lessons people will learn about BJJ.
See if you agree with it and, of course, watch the film.
- Jiu-Jitsu is for everybody and everyone should try it
- Jiu-Jitsu will change your life (and sometimes save it too)
- Jiu-Jitsu is tough and you’ll never stop learning
- Jiu-Jitsu will put you in the best shape of your life
- Jiu-Jitsu will help you deal with life’s frustrations and also help you tame your inner demons
- Jiu-Jitsu will give you the best friends you’ll have in life.
- Jiu-Jitsu will empower the weak and straighten the wicked
- Jiu-Jitsu will give you the tools and the confidence to defend yourself if you ever need to
- Jiu-Jitsu will show you everyday that you are as good as how much work you put in it
- Jiu-Jitsu is the best thing ever and you’ll fall in love it (if you manage to endure the first year).