Our columnist Angela Gracie prepared this easy and healthy recipe to inspire you in her amazing competition.
The winner recipes will be published on GRACIEMAG and their authors will win Exclusive Giveaways like Helio Gracie Gi, Royce Gracie T-Shirt and a GRACIEMAG subscription.
Don’t waste time and let’s go to create your recipe based on Gracie Diet!
Open Face Baked Egg Sandwich
2 slices Whole wheat bread
1/2 tbsp Softened butter
12 Spinach leaves
2 slices Gouda cheese
1 medium Portobello mushroom
2 pinches Himalayan salt
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Preheat oven 325°f (165°C/140°C fan forced)
2. Using the softened butter, spread on both slices of bread.
3. Without breaking the bread, gently use the back of a spoon to
press the center of each of the bread slices to create a bowl,
careful not to touch the crust.
4. Crack an egg onto the middle of each slice of bread.
5. Add a pinch of salt to the top of each egg.
6. Cover each egg with 6 spinach leaves.
7. Add cheese to the top.
8. Slice the mushroom and lay on the top of the cheese.
9. Place on a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
Mash 1/2 an Avocado and spread on top.
You can also replace the Gouda cheese for Monterey Jack.
Two eggs contain about 12.6 grams of protein 6.3 grams in one egg along with 13 other vitamins and minerals.
Portobello mushrooms also have about 2 grams of protein in the cap of the mushroom.
This open face baked egg sandwich is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.