In 2014, Jiu-Jitsu shook the world. The star players of the gentle art flashed during the entire season, from January to December – both men and women. This Dec. 26, GRACIEMAG presents you with a technical retrospective of competitive Jiu-Jitsu with five of the most striking techniques of 2014.
And you, dear reader, remember another great movement or submission? Share it here.
1. Buchecha’s single-leg over Rodolfo Vieira in the World’s absolute final
2. “The sweeper spin” by Leandro Lo against Otavio Sousa in the World’s middleweight final
3. Bia Mesquita’s legdrag over Nicolini in the World’s absolute final
4. Felipe Pena’s sweep against André Galvão at the World’s heavyweight final
5. Michelle Nicolini’s armbar in the featherweight final at the Worlds 2014