The World Masters Jiu-Jitsu Championship will have its third edition this weekend of November 1-2, in Long Beach, California.
Created in 2012, the Worlds Masters is already consolidated as one of the most important events in the gentle art season.
As expected, great competitors from all over made their presence felt in the first two installments and GRACIEMAG was there to capture some awesome pictures.
We selected 20 of those images for you to go back in time and get stoked for this weekend’s thrills.
For more info on the Worlds Masters, go to ibjjf.com.
1. The only man to have fought all world Championships in the adult division as a black belt, Wellington Megaton was also present in 2012, for the first edition of the Worlds Masters
2. No matter what age division it is, you can always expect some amazing moves at the Worlds Masters
3. IBJJF hall of famer, Robinho Moura was one of the world renowned names to compete in the first edition, in 2012
4. No leg, arm or neck is safe during the 48 hours of Jiu-Jitsu in Long Beach
5. Gustavo Pires had a “tell your grandsons” moment in 2012 when he caught two-time open class world champion Rodrigo Comprido in this triangle to win the ultra-heavy division
6. Saulo Ribeiro showed the crowd in 2012 why he is regarded as one of the most lethal competitors of all times
7. American Stephen “Pesadelo” Hall is actually a nightmare for his opponent’s limbs
8. Gracie Barra’s Carlos Terrinha celebrated his title in 2012 the “Thommie Smith ” way
9. Two-time black belt adult open class champion, Xande Ribeiro wanted more and imposed his game to dominate all opponents in 2012
10. Nothing will stop some people from doing what they love. Nothing!
11. Back in 2013, Saulo Ribeiro was once again giving opponents all the reasons to fear him
12. Megaton is the finest example of how young Jiu-Jitsu will make you feel, no matter what age you are
13. Saulo’s eye of the tiger
14. Hey! I’m a world champion!
15. Women also put on a great show in Long Beach
16. There’s no easy fight at the Worlds Masters
17. Only in Jiu-Jitsu you feel confortable upside down with your eyes wide open
18. First you clinch your teeth, then you smile
19. But you can also clinch your teeth and not smile afterwards
20. Saulo Ribeiro goes for the victory hug in 2013