American statistics website FightMetric recently updated its UFC takedown-defense ranking. The new leader in this factum across the promotion’s history is Jiu-Jitsu black belt Gleison Tibau, who held a perfect 100% takedown-defense record over the man who beat him in his last fight, Khabib Nurmagomedov.
With the achievement, the Brazilian surpassed the formerly first-placed Andrei Arlovski. Besides defending, Tibau is proficient with executing takedowns as well—he’s second best at getting a fight to the ground, only trailing behind UFC welterweight champion Georges Saint-Pierre.
GRACIEMAG.com picked up on the news and decided to pan for five takedown defenses to help you stay firmly planted on your feet, so you can make the most of the weekend by furthering your studies.
1. Christopher Led teaches double-leg-takedown defense
2. Kalil Scudeler teaches single-leg-takedown defense
3. Alex Mangueboy teaches takedown block with reverse rear-naked-choke attack
4. John Smith teaches tips to not going down
5. Régis Correia teaches sprawl