Renzo Gracie reports mugging real time over Twitter

Renzo_Gracie_BJJ ‏@RenzoGracieBJJ

22nd street and 10th ave right now two guys following me, can’t help but have a big smile upon my face Im talking about a happy one ;-) )))

Waiting for them… Are they really thinking I’m drunk??? They have to be kidding. Hahahaha

25th and 10ave ;-) they are getting closer lol ;-)

pic.twitter.com/bBJtLtVb by Renzo

I just stop to take a pic, they pretend they are looking at the window, can’t lie… My blood runs in a different speed, man I miss Brazil

JiuJitsu ;-) )) never leave home without it ;-) pic.twitter.com/bBJtLtVb

Please hold there for just a couple minutes ;-) be right back

They are coming closer, asking for a cigaret ;-) lol can’t help but have a smile in my face. I don’t smoke. Pretend to wobble. They smile

Back as he runs, no chance to catch him… Even though I began to try to run after him, I realize How slow I was. F***k it :-///

This one asks me why did I do that, pretending to be stupid, one little kick to the ribs makes him whine and apologize, as I’m writing this.

I ask him if he was planing to rob me, he says no. All he wanted was a cigarette, lol I can’t help but have a big smile upon my face, and ..

The certainty that if it was an ordinary man he would be sad about his stolen goods. F*****g c**t cries like a bitch when the tide turns…

I can’t help but take a pic as his nose bleeds and he wines and asks why did I do that… Like he doesn’t know the reason…

pic.twitter.com/THjUYQkR by Renzo

My f*****g hands hurt, hurt like hell… pic.twitter.com/THjUYQkR

Drove around two blocks… The other fellow disappear, I’m heading home… Angry for not finding the second one. Guess no sleeping tonight

I knew it ;-) yessss

There is basic things like you don’t come back to where the problem was.. You just don’t, I knew he would, just going around the block would

Be enough… Dumb f%#^ I just gave him the old style Raccoon, it has been a while since the last time I did.. Choke him out 3 times…

And before he woke up I did hit each eye socket at least twice, tomorrow he will wake up like a raccoon, and every time he woke up I was…

Whispering at his ears.. That’s what death feels like it.. Don’t do that again. My f*****g hand hurts, :-/ a lot

Next time I will use only the elbows, damn I miss that feeling, sometimes I wonder if the easy life has been making me pic.twitter.com/aXBkOM7O

Soft.. All those years in Brazil, without knowing if I would make it home had to count for something, I can’t lie I could have jump in a cab

pic.twitter.com/aXBkOM7O by Renzo

But I could not help, I could spot them from a mile away, walking was my option, thank you mayor Giuliani, nobody carries a gun in our…

Beautiful state, my lucky day, their bad day… My hand hurts and @FrankieEdgar is here at 9:30am for some training, shoot damn little guy

Could not take a second pic guys sorry, believe I try, as I reach for my iPhone he almost took off :-/ fast mofo

* * * * * * * *

The text above is a compilation of the snippets posted by Renzo Gracie in the wee hours of the morning this Friday, likely the first time an attempted mugging has been reported real time over Twitter. Direct from Manhattan, NY.
How you like that, Joseph Wambaugh?

39 Responses to “Renzo Gracie reports mugging real time over Twitter”

1. Renzo is a hothead and his tweets make him sound like a bully. Furthermore, why in the world would you thank Guilliani for making it HARDER for a (supposedly) law abiding citizen to defend themselves? Does Renzo think the alleged criminals where unarmed because they are law abiding muggers? This entire story is everything that is wrong with the MMA attitude. Watch for the lawsuit that will most likely be coming, and Renzo is going to LOSE.

2. Sorry Renzo, we couldn’t do it in Brazil… they all carrying a gun!

3. Fred says:

Awesome but you going back to the scene of the crime is premeditated assault… The guys deserves it? Of course!!! But Becareful cause of they find out who you are they may want to go to the police department cause technically they didn’t attack you first. Although I’m with you on this, they probably were up to no good..

4. NO GUNS ? can have guns everywhere. how he could be convinced about that ?

5. bi-curious george says:

why is he in Chelsea at 2 am?

6. Jakob Soderberg says:

Epic!

7. Zach says:

This is an absolute embarrasment. What a terrible example.

These guys could have had a knife, a gun, etc.. they could have been trained fighters. Renzo got lucky, but some kid or even adult who reads this could follow his example and get killed.

Here is a good piece about violence by an actually thoughtful adult.

8. BJJ Pro says:

Please delete this from the records. This is not funny. It just shows how immature and unprofessional the Gracies are. No wonder why few of them were murdered… The magazine is owned by the family and it reflects the same mentality.

9. Bobby says:

LMAO Renzo! Good on you. They got what they deserved. Maybe they will think twice about their next target. ;)

10. David Caruso says:

What did you tweet with your feet (choking with one hand punching with the other)I’m impressed

11. EWOKONE, Birdman Army. says:

Long live Renzo.

12. Kyukidoman says:

I’m confused…did they attack?

13. DucatiRider says:

Yeah, this is why normal people want carry permits. I’m a big guy, but no way in hell am I going to try and fight two assailants.

Anywho, Gracie is my hero.

14. Madara says:

while I admit they are nothing but thugs , but you are one of the most respected martial artist in the world and a man whom represents BJJ all over the world and your family name, do you think using your art to choke a man out and then hit him while bhe is un- concious is ok??? i know if one of your students used Gracie jiu jitsu the way you did just then your brothers and father would ban them from the school at least they should

15. FIghter Trash. says:

see you in jail buddy, for assualt with a deadly weapon and intent to terrorize a victim. I hope they put torture on your ass.

16. Holy shit !! Nice job Renzo

17. blumpkin says:

what if the dudes had guns?

18. Craigallen says:

Renzo is the man!

19. i didnt see anyone in the pitcure. By your own statements you’ve just encriminated yourself. Doesn’t sound like or seem like he attacked or made any agressive move towards you. You just attacked him. And then was dumb enough to take a pitcure of it?, or was that one of your friends…. Then when this so called threat was neutralized, you continued to beat on him before he woke up. hitting an unconcious person… This sounds more fake than anything. looks like someone is out of the TV sceen / lime light and is making up stuff to get back in it.. if it is true go turn yourself in for assault. But then again you do have a habbit of attacking people when the fight is over. Like you stomped on the back of that guys neck in the UFC after the fight was already called and you won. If this is true i would like there to be justice and have Renzo arrested. No proof other than what “he said” too bad you have the evidence to back their claims you attacked them.

20. Neutralize says:

C’mon Renzo give us a break!
    You came up with this non sense bull$***!
    Or as we would say here in Brazil “LOROTA” – do you really think that people are this stupid or it’s just your genetics kicking in..some crazy stuff like Ryan did?

21. Neutralize says:

Oh just now I saw it’s the family’s mag – my previous comment probably won’t appear…Renzo Loroteiro! Liar! lol

22. editor111 says:

This guy sounds like a psychopath. He tortured his two assailants deliberately and knowingly to cause severe bodily harm and psychological trauma. The worst part is that he keeps reiterating how he enjoy it and wanted it happen.
    This is a crime and the authorities should track him down via his twitter account so an investigation can sort out the facts here. He knows what he should have done and detained/restrained the individual for the police to take care of.

23. good shit Renzo!! fuck those guys

24. Not in NYC says:

Looks like Renzo has a white belt in PR. This makes him disturbed.

25. Calemosjr says:

What kind of world is this ? What kind of world we are living?
    A man fights for his life against street thugs and gets bashed by people?? I can guarantee that none of you criticizing Master Renzo ever had the opportunity to meet him in person. He’s a family man a whole model, a great teacher and a real life hero. “Yes” sadly the Gracie’s lost a few among them,but what amuses me is that , you “false” pacifists with your hypocrisy celebrate the deaths of some of the most influentialbl martial artist of the 21th century. Master Renzo “fair play” to you, its on every citizen the right to protect its physical integrity, if only every good citizen of NY would have been blessed with Gracie Jiu-Jitsu NY wouldn’t be one of the cities highest ranks of street violence in the world. These thugs weren’t following Renzo for several minutes over a cigarrete in the middle of the night,They were after him and if he would be an elderly person or a lady he could be easily kild or raped by these animals.” Wake up America for this false moralism,its is the ravine of impunity! “The world needs more good people like you master. ” what worries me more than the labors of the evil is the silence of the righteous ”
    these cowards will think twice next time before robbing someone.

• bagz says:

Killl or be killed ,,, life is short and harsh , sometimes you gotta crack a few heads… And to the critics , if it was you , you whold have been robbed… Them punks got what they deserved u don’t follow someone 5 blocks for a cigarette… U gotta go with ur gut , good job renzo

26. Your mom says:

Notice your support clan cant even achieve basic grammar. You’ve made it to the big leagues. You are a scrapping piece of trash. Try using your pea of a brain and your life might not be consumed by the thrill of causing physical harm on others. There is more to life you stupid fuck. Peace. Bitch.

27. Hamza says:

Renzo, this is thug behaviour and I no longer have any respect for you!

28. Steve Cape Town says:

Living in South Africa, I know what it’s like to be robbed, at gun point, knife point, at night, in day, with people “looking for a soccer ball” in my backyard, asking for the time,asking for a cigarette – it’s happened to me so many times – when you feel it’s going down, it is it IS – defend yourself before they pull out weapons. Go Renzo

29. Smarzo says:

Hey all you bleeding heart liberals – this guy was being attacked and mugged in the street – and he dealt out to them what they have probably done to so many others. Let’s rejoice that this time the bad guys lost.

30. kickboxer says:

This guy deserves to be charged for assault. Throw him in jail or something, anything to keep this psycopath off the streets. Disgrace to martial arts

31. Dave says:

This is pathetic and I am sorry the reaction has gone this way. This pacifistic entitlement is what has allowed our government to get so out of control in the first place and continue to feed socialism protecting the rights of criminals. There are people on here who are genuinely offended by the excessive use of force against a man who’s sole intent that night was to use superior numbers to overwhelm and rob another person. What are the martial arts for? Respect? Yes, the ability to protect yourself and make decisions on how he as person is to be treated by his “peers”. Benevolence? Honoring another person is about respect that is earned. Laying down for the sake of it begs for abuse by those less moral. Example the Dark Ages taught us about giving power to others over the self even under so called holy reasons let alone mutual trust of a stranger. What if they had guns? Would you have preferred he volunteer to be mugged? Most criminals are cowards, if there had been guns involved I’m sure he would have handled things differently, but you cannot judge the behavior of one situation on the possibility of what might have happened under different conditions, that is madness. This is getting very long so I will end on this, Master Renzo is an excellent model for Martial Arts. Before Westernization turned the martial arts into belt farms and dancing with pads on to make minimal contact(I do not claim all schools are this way but the average school does not produce people who can actually defend themselves), the martial arts were about preparedness, pride, and honor. Using his families art he was able to punish a would be criminal for attempting to steal from and possibly hurt him. BJJ is a life long journey and to fault him for being proud of who he has become as a product of his journey from a desk with no idea what his life experiences have been is awfully presumptuous. Being flooded with adrenaline because his life’s work had been proven once again to be effective in a bad situation is a sensation I wish everyone could feel. The world is not ideal, people are not generally good, criminals are not kind people in bad situations. It takes a decision to be where those men were, they just chose the wrong street.

32. Myresa Hurst says:

Really? You’ll need to work on your grammar a bit or it might be hard for Renzo to read the letters that you write to him while he’s in prison.

33. Muggers beware! Brazilian Jiu-Jitus will bring you to justice should you attempt to mug an practitioner of the arts, We're street smart and any 'sly, "I didn't know….not me….etc.,"' will be taken for stupidity on your part. Get your life in order or else we shall force you to smarten up!

34. Reyes R Tellez says:

I would like for mr renzo to do that to some guys who really know how to fight back and lets just say his mma is working, it wont stop someone from ending him with a stab or a gun shot. Bottom line is if they were potential thugs then yeah they got a taste of their own medicine but if they wereansfans or just wanting a cig then Renzo is just a thug himself for doing what he did.

35. [...] For contrast, read this MMA news account of the situation. No mention of the scary stupidity of Gracie’s actions. Then there’s the account posted on the Gracie’s site, flying under the headline “Renzo Makes History.” [...]

36. [...] doesn’t like a Renzo Gracie story? From what we know, everyone does (okay, maybe not these guys). So we kind of figured that the best pick me up for this really crappy Monday morning would be a [...]

37. if they where fans, why would they ask for a cigarette from an elite sportsman?

38. Now if those boys had been home working on the history of Rome, or some such academic activity? It's the teachers fault. Low quality schools filed to give these two lost boys opportunity.