Jiu-Jitsu lessons to better your life.
GRACIEMAG is the original Jiu-Jitsu magazine. We teach Jiu-Jitsu fundamentals and techniques. We spread the Jiu-Jitsu philosophy, diet and lifestyle. Since 1994.
This service will be available soon!
Meanwhile, subscribe to GRACIEMAG print issues. Click Here!
5 Jiu-Jitsu matches with unforgettable starts
Some onlookers ecstatic and others silent, Raphael Abi-Rihan extends Tarsis's arm in the medium heavyweight final at the 2009 Brazilian Nationals. Photo: Gustavo Aragão/GRACIEMAG.
Check out five matches with astounding and anthological beginnings, dug up by GRACIEMAG.com from the treasure trove of the Brazilian Nationals and on to the ADCC.
After watching, let us know if we forgot one. What’s your favorite start to a Jiu-Jitsu match, gentle reader?
1. Raphael Abi-Rihan vs Tarsis, Brazilian Nationals 2009
2. André Galvão vs Nino Schembri, Worlds 2006
3. Fernando Tererê vs Léo Santos, Desafio Rio-SP 2000
4. Romulo Barral vs Demian Maia, Brazilian Nationals 2006
5. Marcelinho Garcia vs Vitor Shaolin, ADCC 2003